Click Below for Home page
John Grosz, President
Ryan Brech, Vice President
Steve Mathis, Treasurer
Brian Martin, Secretary
Open, West River Rep.
James Zajicek, East River Rep.
Roger M. Baron
All legislative members have received the following information unless otherwise noted. Refer to it when talking to your legislators.
Table of Contents
The South Dakota Coalition for Shared Parenting brochure
13. List of 235 Signatures supporting joint physical custody unless detrimental to a child (Senate Judiciary Committee and Governor Rounds)
14. Shannon Dean Sexton: A Custody System Free of Gender Preferences and Consistent with the Best Interests of the Child: Suggestions for a More Protective and Equitable Custody System. 2000 Kentucky Law Journal. (Resource available but not sent to anyone)
15. Mark D. Matthews: Curing the "Every-Other-Weekend Syndrome": Why Visitation Should be Considered Separate and Apart from Custody. William & Mary Journal of Women and the Law, Spring, 1999 (Resource Available but not sent to anyone)
Other articles for Review but not sent:
William C. Smith (2003) Fathers Charge Legal Bias Toward Moms Hamstrings Them as Full-Time Parent. ABA Journal, February 2003 Family Law.
· Gould, Jonathan W. & Stahl, Philip M. The Continuing Debate About Overnight Visitation: Never Paint by the Numbers: A Response to Kelly and Lamb (2000), Solomon and Biringen (2001), and Lamb and Kelly (2001). Family Court Review, October, 2001.39 Fam. Ct. Rev. 372 Sage Publications.
· Lamb, Michael E. & Kelly, Joan B. The Continuing Debate About Overnight Visitation: Using the Empirical Literature to Guide the Development of Parenting Plans for Young Children: A Rejoinder to Solomon and Biringen. Family Court Review, October, 2001.39 Fam. Ct. Rev. 375 Sage Publications.
· Solomon, Judith & Biringen, Zeynep. The Continuing Debate About Overnight Visitation: Another Look at the Developmental Research: Commentary on Kelly and Lamb's "Using Child Development Research to Make Appropriate Custody and Access Decisions for Young Children". Family Court Review, October, 2001. 39 Fam. Ct. Rev. 355. Sage Publication.
· Warshank, Richard A. The Continuing Debate About Overnight Visitation: Who will be There When I Cry in the Night?:: Revisiting Overnights -- A Rejoinder to Biringen et al. Family Court Review, April, 2002. 40 Fam. Ct. Rev. 208. Sage Publication